Friday, July 6, 2007

A Dream is a Fickle Thing

"Suppose one of you wants to build a tower. Will he not first sit down and estimate the cost... For if he lays the foundation and is not able to finish it, everyone who sees it will ridicule him, saying, 'This fellow began to build and was not able to finish."

-Luke 14:28-30 (New International Version)


This book, even the first draft of it, is not likely to be completed any time soon. Thank you for your support, friends! But I am feeling very foolish and seriously doubting my abilities. If it weren't for my healthy fear of the Author of my faith, I'd probably just tuck the whole thing away in a dark corner and pretend I'd never thought of it. However, I am well aware that the Author and Finisher of my faith is also the author and finisher of ME!


A dream is a fickle thing.
It sits a while and then takes wing
Taking the thread of hope it wound
Around the heart it found.

A dream is a fickle thing.
It's better not to let it sing.
For once the world has heard
You can't disown the bird.

- Christine Hardy 2007