Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Things I Learned about Life from Running

Red-faced and proud of it
Exercise comes as easily to me as breathing underwater. I hate, hate, hate it. But I have to admit it feels pretty good to make myself do it anyway and feel my body change in response. Here are some of the things I've learned over the past six weeks. I figure they apply to pretty much anything we undertake in life.
1.      It ain’t pretty but do it anyway
2.      You really have to want it
3.      Give yourself enough time to warm up and cool down
4.      Don’t be afraid to go at your own pace
5.      If you’re in significant pain, stop and get help
6.      Good food and good sleep are required for success in anything
7.      Don’t let yourself off the hook too often or you’ll lose your motivation
8.      Push yourself just a little more each day
9.      When you feel like you’re at the end of your strength, pray!

No comments: