Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday, May 2

I changed my header again. Somehow the castle seems appropriate today, with the bright green of a rainy Spring day outside my window.

There are just two weeks left in the semester. It's do-or-die time for the students, who are getting pretty panicky. I feel bad for some, because I know they've been trying and are still struggling, and I'm losing patience with others who seem perplexed by this whole concept of "college." I gave three tests this week, which means I have about 100 papers to grade this weekend. Yuck. And, out of the goodness of my heart, I told my two statistics classes that they could correct their tests so I will have to re-grade those next week. Double yuck.

I have to admit, I'm starting to enjoy being a person instead of a writer. This is scaring me. But I'm actually slowly making headway around here, and it feels good. I still think about the book in the back of my mind, in a distant, dreamy way, and sometimes I feel a terrible pull to start writing again, but I'm able to squelch it when I remember how bad things were before. I really don't know what to do. So for now I'm doing nothing.

No comments: