Saturday, November 22, 2008

A New Look

I created a new look for my blog. I have been having a lot of trouble with header in the "stretch" style of template, so I gave up and went to a regular template. I really prefer the "stretch" style because it spreads the words farther across the page, rather than keeping them in a tight column.

Anyway, it's Saturday and my husband and I are going out tonight! We're going to our favorite Mexican restaurant, and then to see "Quantam of Solace." The restaurant is under new ownership, so we are curious to see if the food is still just as good - and just as authentic. Hopefully they kept the same staff.

I have a ton of stuff to do before tonight, though. I MUST prepare my lesson for Monday ahead of time. I've been scrambling on Mon. and Wed. mornings to finish my notes before dashing off to class. We are getting down to the wire here - next week is the third test and the final is Dec. 17th, so I have about four weeks to finish everything up.

I hope I have a job next semester. I haven't heard anything yet!

I also have to prepare something for Sunday School tomorrow. My friend Sharyn asked me to teach the kids about Christmas in Germany, since Mark and I went there several years ago and my dad is German and Hungarian. One of the things that I want to talk to the kids about is the German glass Christmas ornaments, and Hungarian marzipan candy. I wonder where I can find some marzipan?

I'm still chuckling over Jeffrey's parent-teacher conference. His teacher told me that he's very good in Math, which I knew. She said that she will ask the class for ways to make a number, like 54 for example. Other first-graders will say, "Fifty plus four!" My son says "What about twenty plus twenty plus ten plus four?"

I laughed very hard when I heard that, and then apologized to her. Now I know how my mom felt raising me. He also reads on a fifth-grade level and is writing books in his spare time. What in the world am I going to do with him? He's going to run out of appropriate reading material before he's ten. Ah well, it's a good problem to have.

I'm just very glad he's in the public school that he's in, because the little Christian school he attended last year didn't have the variety of resources that the public school does. His teacher is able to challenge him more than I know the other first grade teacher would have, dear lady that she is!

I didn't write yesterday, and probably won't have time today. But that's okay. If I get everything done, then I can work tomorrow with a clear conscience.

Well, I better go feed the boy and get started on my day here. I have to clean, as well. Jeff has a new friend coming over for a playdate tomorrow, so I want the house to look nice. We still haven't finished putting everything back in place in the basement, and I know the boys will want to play with the toys and trains down there.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

12:35PM Nevermind! I went back to "stretch". I couldn't stand seeing everything squeezed together with all that blank space on either side.

No comments: