Thursday, February 26, 2009

Un petit crise de nerfs (A little nervous breakdown)

I woke up this morning and was doodling around on Facebook when I came across the website of a bonafide, published, best-selling writer. Looking at this guy's material made me realize that what I have written over the past two years is nothing more than 80,000 words of some of the most amateurish muck ever composed.

I had to walk away from my computer to keep myself from deleting the whole folder on my hard drive with The Golden Gryphon in it. So easy to do... just highlight it and press "Delete?" "Are you sure you want to delete this folder and all of its files and subfolders?" "Heck, yeah! Burn, baby, burn!"

I didn't delete it, but I have gone back to the beginning again. As Inigo says in The Princess Bride: "I am waiting for you, Vizzini. You told me to go back to the beginning. And I did. So here I am." For those of you who aren't fans of the movie, when something goes wrong... go back to the beginning. Unfortunately, I don't have a crafty Sicilian to tell me what to do. I have to figure that out by myself.

No comments: