Thursday, January 21, 2010

JanNoWriMo Update

It is January 21st, halfway through my participation in JanNoWriMo.  (I joined on the 11th).  I was doing really well until Tuesday, when my semester began again.  Suddenly I'm brain-dead.  You would think that a part-time job wouldn't tax those little gray cells that much, but I've been completely unable to write the past two evenings.  Nor can I get up early.  Well, I got up early this morning but didn't write.

Instead I fooled around in Webkinz World.  Yes, Webkinz World. There is something invaluably soothing about a virtual world with cute, smiling creatures where you can get money just for playing arcade games and spend it on all kinds of furniture, food, etc.  With all that is happening in the world, and with the financial crisis, I'm not ashamed to admit I really enjoy spending pretend money on anything I want.  Or finding pretend gems in pretend caves.

But, I have a lot of catching up to do today.  It amazes me how quickly I can lose the thread of my story to outside pressures.  At least my classes are going well, for which I am grateful.  This semester seems easier than the others so far.  Perhaps I'm starting to find my groove.

No comments: