Friday, June 18, 2010

Friday Update

I said I would check in with y'all to be accountable about my progress in my personal goals.  Well.  *sigh*  I was a very bad girl the past week.  For some reason, making the decision to go on a diet seems to switch on all my cravings.  We also had out-of-town guests this weekend, and took them to the beach and the boardwalk.  We had a great time, but we also had ice cream, funnel cakes, pizza, fries, cotton candy and saltwater taffy.  I didn't order all of those for myself, but of course I "helped" them eat it. Then we went out to lunch the next day and I just could not resist the buffalo chicken wrap from Pat's Pizza.  That is my absolutely favorite sandwich from Pat's.

It was also my son's birthday, so we had cake and ice cream, and grilled hamburgers and hot dogs on Friday.  Mom brought steaks which we grilled on Sunday.  Monday was the Cub Scout cookout to celebrate the end of the year, so that was our dinner.  Our guests left an almost whole bag of barbeque Lays potato chips.  A whole bag.  Just sitting there on the counter. I ate it.

Not all at once, mind you, but in spurts.  A few for breakfast, a few for lunch, some after work.  I've also been making a dent in the candy for the kids' party tomorrow, and the bag of Oreos I bought for my son's lunches.  I'm not a binge eater. I just nibble, nibble, nibble.  Like a fat, happy rabbit.

I gained a pound and a half.

I suppose it's a miracle that I ONLY gained a pound and a half.

I did exercise. I had two long sessions on the Nordic track, and I also had two exciting chases around the neighborhood looking for the beagle.  That counts, right?

"I promise I won't do it again, Mom.  Just let me out for 
one little minute, please???"

1 comment:

Michelle Gregory said...

baby steps. just like editing.